Boca Raton, FL
We are looking for a licensed Nurse Practitioner to examine and treat little patients and help prevent diseases and illness complications. The work of a nurse practitioner can be both difficult and demanding, and even more so when it comes to children. A nurse practitioner will have to conduct examinations by earning the trust and cooperation of the child. The ideal candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of children's diseases and epidemiology, as well as the established examination procedures for infants. A nurse practitioner must be patient and caring and able to foster long-term trust relationships with the children and their parents.
- Conduct regular, thorough examinations on newborns and young children to check and record their health and normal physical development
- Examine sick children to determine their condition and ask intuitive questions to gather information about symptoms
- Reach an informed diagnosis based on scientific knowledge and individual medical history
- Interpret appropriate lab tests to gain more information about possible infections or abnormalities
Prepare and administer vaccines according to the governmental vaccination plan.
- Examine and treat injuries.
- Advise parents on children's diet, exercise, and disease preventive measures
- Keep updated records of patients' illnesses, surgeries, or other medical episodes (allergic shocks, injuries etc.)
- Keep abreast of advancements in pediatrics and best practices by attending seminars and conferences.
- Proven experience as a nurse practitioner
- In-depth knowledge of children's epidemiology and infectious diseases
- Exquisite knowledge of diagnostic, treatment, and rehabilitation principles and techniques
- Up to speed knowledge of drugs/medication appropriate for children and their side-effects
- Active listener, patient and calm
- Outstanding diagnostic and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communications skills
- Valid license to practice medicine
- Familiarity with traditional and web-based prescription systems
- Must be able to speak Spanish