We are currently looking for a full-time medical assistant for our Greenacres and Wellington offices.
Are you looking for an interesting challenge in a positive, rewarding, and fun pediatric environment? This is a unique opportunity for a motivated, personable, articulate individual who enjoys working with parents and children. We are seeking a medical assistant who is organized, self-motivated, and has expertise in customer service.
As a Medical Assistant, you will be responsible for providing administrative support to ensure the efficient operation of the medical office. You will support doctors and patients through a variety of tasks related to patient care management, organization, and communication. The target is to complete all activities accurately, with high quality, and on time.
• Interview patients and document basic medical history
• Take vitals and document findings in the patient chart
• Review annual wellness questionnaire with appropriate patients
• Organize, authorize, and schedule appointments for referrals
• Enter laboratory services
• Send prescriptions electronically or by fax. Verbally call-in prescriptions
• Administer injections, and vaccines, perform urinalysis and other lab test
• Assist during medical examinations
• Triage patient calls, assess the problem, consult with the physician
• Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes, and forms
• Prepare and clean treatment rooms and medical instruments
• Proven working experience as a medical assistant
• Knowledge of medical office management systems and procedures
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
• Social perceptiveness and service-oriented
• Punctual and self-disciplined
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• Proficiency in EMR systems
• Degree in medical assistance
• Bilingual English/Spanish
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour
• Flexible schedule
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
• 8-hour shift
• Monday to Friday
• Rotating weekends
Mask are worn at all times, and the facility is sanitized on a regular basis.
• High school or equivalent (Preferred)
• Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
• Computer Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
• English and Spanish (Required)
Work Location: One location
Fill out the form below, and we'll get back to you.